Folding Umbrella (Rom Hub) Mae Klong Railway Market & Damnoen Saduak Floating Market Code S-71
- 06:45 hrs. Meet your guide in the hotel's lobby.
Depart from hotel for Folding Umbrella Market or Crazy market or Mae Klong Railway Market (i.e. Rom Hub Market) at Mae Klong Railway Station, in Samut Songkhram province. Rom Hub Market is truly a unique market, as it is located right on the railway track.
- Here the locals sell fresh food, fruits, vegetables, and other farm products on the active train track, with trains passing through it 8 times a day. All stalls are lining along a 100-metre portion of track. This is one of the most amazing markets in the world.
- Whenever the train is approaching, all the vendors will quickly fold away their umbrellas or awnings and remove their stalls to let the train pass.
- 14.00 hrs. Just few seconds after the train pass, the awnings are popped back into place and the activities continue like nothing ever happened.
- You can take a photo and see what it happened.
- Located near the Rom Hub Market is the large bustling Mae Klong market. Not only does it offer fresh vegetables and fruits, meats, poultry, and seafood, but it also has an endless array of cooked foods and desserts that you wont. find at other market in general. Best of all, the prices are very cheap compared to the supermarkets, so theres no need to bargain.
- After that, visit Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, one of the most popular, most photographed destination in Thailand. Located at Ratchaburi, about 100 km. to the west of Bangkok, this is one of the must-see one-day trips from Bangkok. It is the largest of its kind, attracting a large number of tourists each day.
- Damnoen Saduak is one of the authentic floating markets. On the way, visit Coconut Sugar Farm (Private Only). Then, take a long-tail boat to the Floating Market where you will see the lifestyle of Thai people along the canal and after that, visit the Royal Thai Handicraft Center, where they show you how to produce wood carving.
- 15:30 hrs. Arrive at your hotel.
- Remarks : Train will pass crazy market 8 time per day
- #1 : 06.20 hrs.
- #2 : 08.30 hrs.
- #3 : 09.00 hrs.
- #4 : 11.10 hrs.
- #5 : 11.30 hrs.
- #6 : 14.30 hrs.
- #7 : 15.30 hrs.
- #8 : 17.40 hrs.
For children under 2 years will be "Free" of charge.
For children 3-10 years old we charge 70% of adult price.
For children over 10 years old we charge adult price.
Air-conditioned vehicles with driver, Tourist Guide, Long-tail Boat (20 minute).
Roller Boat (Optional), Meals, Items of a personal nature, Tips or Gratuities to guides or drivers.
Duration : Every Day Time 07:30 - 14.30 Half Day (Morning Only)